Cautions: The following is a destructive task. Ensure you have working backups and/or snapshots of the vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 before proceeding.
- Connect to vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 via SSH
- Run the shell command to switch to the BASH Shell:shell
- Stop the VMware Update Manager Service:service-control –stop vmware-updatemgr
- Run the following command to reset the VMware Update Manager Database:/usr/lib/vmware-updatemgr/bin/updatemgr-util reset-db
- Run the following Command to delete the contents of the VMware Update Manager Patch Store:rm -rf /storage/updatemgr/patch-store/*
- Start the VMware Update Manager Service:service-control –start vmware-updatemgr
Note: You may need to log out and log back into any instances of the vSphere Web Client.