If you are like me attending the Threat Hunting Training Course named Cyber Threat Hunting Level 1 w/ Chris Brenton | 4-Hours on Thursday and want to run the virtual machine in qemu/kvm native do it like this. Download and read the below link!
As always start with the short version!
- Convert the VMDK
- Import the machine
- Fix network
Now lets explain the steps
- Convert the VMDK to qcow format with below command.
qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 thunt-202102.vmdk thunt.qcow2
2. Create av vm in Virtual Machine Manager
3. Point out the disk you convertet in step 1. I did choose Debian10 as OS
4. Set ram an CPU ( I did 4GB and 2 CPU)
5. Choose network connection I have NAT on my.
6. The last thing is to fix network issue
Change the /etc/netplan/00-installer-config.yaml to match the interface name. In my case the interface is enp8s0
Then reboot or type netplan apply
Now you can use kvm and still attend the course!
Leave a Reply